Tuesday, January 20, 2015

tell a story | assignment

1.  In the world that surrounds you what do you observe during the day that may tell a story?

I often note people's expressions and simple actions, for example an old man sitting alone and writing on a park bench. I think it's important to capture the things and memories that might often get overlooked, it is easier to capture the most attention-drawing thing, but there isn't as much satisfaction.

2.  How would you prepare yourself as a photographer to create images that tell a story?

I don't necessarily think a person should be creating stories, rather capturing what is around them. That being said I think the most important thing to remember is to really keep your eyes open and truly look all around you. Also make sure you're not too obvious about it

3.  Describe three memories that you wish had been photographed by a documentary photographer.

- When my sister lost her first tooth while eating an ice cream cone, then asked if there was raspberry sauce in it. It wasn't raspberry sauce. When she found that it was blood as well as her tooth she threw a fit, started sobbing and then made our father buy her a new ice cream cone. I found the whole ordeal quite hilarious. 

- Riding my first roller coaster at Disney World. (It was Goofy's Barnstormer Roller coaster which I then rode again and again) 

- Seeing our dog Zoe for the first time.


4.  Bring in an image from your childhood or family album that tells a story to share with the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment