Thursday, August 28, 2014

Critique of Animal Portraits








More-Than-Human1-640x356.jpeg



01. What's adding to the picture?
I like the fact these bats are portrayed in almost a humanly way, the photographer did a great job of capturing their form in a way that we can relate to while still be amazed by their beauty and unique appearance.

02. What's taking away?
I think this picture is cropped/cut off pretty awkwardly, and I would have liked to see a little bit more of the branch or greater space above their heads.

03. How do your eyes travel through the frame?
The first things I notice are the two bats shoulders and head area as that has the greatest contrast. I then move down and it's body and the last thing I notice is the branch and their feet.

04. What is the subject?
The bats as pictured above, captured in a more humanly/relatable manner in my interpretation.

05. Do you like this photo?
Yes, I truly like this photo because it gives a greater in-depth look and view to bats. I had no idea this was how they looked so close up and I am curious as to how the photographer was even able to capture them in the first place!


No comments:

Post a Comment